Taking The Headache Out Of Residential Block Roofing
Maguire Brothers look at a number of things to be considered when planning a large residential block roofing and refurbishment project.
Residential roofing projects involve a number of complex aspects including health and safety issues, leaseholder and tenant expectations and coordinating multiple stakeholders with differing objectives.
When planning a large residential roofing project make sure your chosen roofing contractor uses the following criteria:
Experience And Quality
- Ensure they employ properly qualified and trained operatives.
- Make sure they’re accredited by leading government and trade bodies such as the NFRC.
- Your contractor should be able to provide evidence of methodologies and planning related to residential block roofing projects, ask for examples.
- Ensure the roofing contractor you are working with has the necessary supervisory resources to allow for regular client and tenant liaison throughout the work.
- Certify that they have good project management structure, having necessary supervision at all levels across the project.
Health And Safety
- Make sure your chosen contractor follows all best practises and has strict health and safety guidelines.
- Check they have health and safety accreditations from organisations including CHAS and SafeContractor.
- Have them provide evidence of previous and planned projects, on how they ensure everyone’s safety.
Tenant Collaboration & Communication
- Make sure they have the available resources to appoint a dedicated project manager to maintain good, clear and regular channels of communication throughout your project
- Confirm your contractor will communicate time-frames and potential issues with you ahead of time.
- Ensure they provide working budgets and take a long term view to provide cost effective solutions.
There’s no one size fits all approach to residential roofing and external refurbishment projects.
However, taking action prior to visible damage enables more cost effective solutions. To help you with this we offer free roof surveys.
For over 40 years Maguire Brothers have worked on large residential roofing and refurbishment projects. If you are in the process of planning any major works, or seeking advice on the condition of any residential building, we’re happy to provide our expertise at any stage of your project, so contact us today.
As a large residential roofing contractor, we work across London, Kent, Surrey and the entire south coast of England. Click here for more information about our service area.